Monday, July 18, 2011



Driving through this ancient volcanic landscape is breathtaking.

This is my second visit to this central region in Turkey - called Kapadokya or Cappadocia. My friends expressed interest in wanting to see this unique area so we are touring the sights for 2 more days.

Today, I drove for the first time in Turkey! It was just for an hour from the airport in Kayseri to Goreme.  Still, I had to reteach my brain how to use a manual car and stop at a gas station so I could figure out how to reverse. Fun times! (I haven't owned a car since I moved to NYC in 2004.)

I'm off to catch up on my sleep. Tomorrow, we have a full day of hiking and sightseeing planned.

Stay tuned.

Tagged: ,

2 comments:

Sara Louise said...

Gorgeous photo! And congrats on driving in Turkey for the first time! Driving in a foreign country can be so daunting at times

Joy said...

Thanks Sara. Driving around here hasn't been that bad, but I have no desire to drive back in Istanbul! :)