Thursday, July 14, 2011



Today, my good friends from the U.S. arrived and came bearing gifts. Well, some of the items were more like a grocery list...bacon, powdered ranch dressing, Starbucks instant coffee packets and duty-free booze please.

Steph, whom I've known for 10 years, even stocked up on English magazines for me. I am quite excited to read the latest gossip and peruse through new recipes! I tried to buy an English copy of Glamour once a few months ago at D&R in Istanbul, but dropped it once I heard the sales clerk say 29 TL (about $21). What?

It's good to have old friends visiting us! We have 2 weeks to show them what we love about Turkey. They already had a taste of Turkish pide, lamacun and Efes, so we're off to a good start.

A few trips are planned so please stay tuned!


Tagged:

0 comments: